Are Earth's magnetic poles about to flip? Experts warn change is 'overdue' and could cause chaos in everything from solar protection to animal's internal GPS:
- The Earth's magnetic field protects life from harmful solar radiation;
- Far from being constant, this field is continuously changing;
- Geomagnetic reversals occur a few times every million years on average;
- We are 'overdue' for a full reversal and Earth's field is decreasing 5% per century;
- The alteration in the magnetic field during a reversal will weaken its shield effect;
- This would heightened levels of radiation on and above the Earth's surface; [and]
- It could cause severe storms, satellite blackouts and affect the internal GPS that many animals have that assists in long-distance navigation during migration.
You can read the rest @
This should definitely remind you of the following passages in the Bible:
And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.
Revelation 16:8-9 KJV
You know as well as I do that when this happens, people will curse at G-d and give these events a purely scientific explanation.
But is that a good idea? I don't think so, especially because scientists really won't be able to do anything to prevent it.
Maybe prayer and repentance would not be such a bad thing after all.