Have you ever heard the remark, “Get the U.S. out of the U.N. and the U.N. out of the U.S.”? Well, on January 3, 2017, Congressman Rogers introduced H.R. 193 - American Sovereignty Restoration Act of 2017  that would require:
- the President to terminate U.S. membership in the United Nations (U.N.), including any organ, specialized agency, commission, or other formally affiliated body; and
- closure of the U.S. Mission to the United Nations.
Additionally, the bill prohibits:
- the authorization of funds for the U.S. assessed or voluntary contribution to the U.N.,
- the authorization of funds for any U.S. contribution to any U.N. military or peacekeeping operation,
- the expenditure of funds to support the participation of U.S. Armed Forces as part of any U.N. military or peacekeeping operation,
- U.S. Armed Forces from serving under U.N. command, and
- diplomatic immunity for U.N. officers or employees.
You can read the rest @
This may not be as bad as it looks. The US has more or less ignored the UN for quite some time, and we really cannot afford to support them any longer.
On the other hand, this is another big step in our isolation from the rest of the world. Does "America first" mean "screw everyone else"? It shouldn't.