Sunday, May 14, 2017

Can Missiles On Nuclear Subs Be Hacked ???

This report claims that the missiles on UK nuclear submarines (SSBNs) were and can be hacked:

http://truepublica.org.uk/united-kingdom/uk-nuclear-submarines-microsoft-and-that-ransomware-attack/

Now THAT's pretty scary, if I do say so myself.

I haven't been on an SSBN in almost 35 years. Back then the operating systems were much less "computerized" than they are today, and I doubt (although I don't know for certain) they were susceptible to such a hack.

But if today's systems are, we're screwed.

Q: If we're so worried about Russians hacking our political system, shouldn't we be worried about them hacking our military computer systems, too?

A: You bet.

But are we? Damned if I know. One thing's certain - there won't be any open hearings about this or any other potential military snafu.

No comments:

Post a Comment