Tuesday, October 19, 2021

The New Meaning Of "Smart"

I just learned the supplier of my electricity will be installing "smart" meters on all our homes. They did not ask, they're just going to do it:

https://www.daytondailynews.com/local/aes-ohio-will-soon-install-smart-meters-as-part-of-267m-smart-grid/7CLYM4VWEJBZ7IMOOV5WHDRKCY/

Here is an inkling of how "smart" meters and other tech fit into the Internet of Things and the Internet of People:

https://www.technocracy.news/credit-card-cuts-off-spending-when-you-reach-your-co2-limit/

That's right - your social credit score, your carbon footprint, your usage of everything from food to toilet paper and even rain water will be monitored and controlled. When you exceed your "allowance", you'll be cut off.

Will there be an appeals process? I doubt it. You're a useless eater, so why would you deserve to be kept alive if you cannot behave?

I've written about this before. Search IoT on my blog if interested.

This is not a "theory". You can find evidence of it everywhere should you choose to look. There are a lot of big plans being developed and implemented in the open which soon will change our world in ways you are not going to like. I know I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment