Thursday, October 14, 2021

The Closer

This morning I heard a report on NPR about Dave Chappelle's comedy special on Netflix called "The Closer". I don't particularly like Dave, but he's a neighbor so I do cut him some slack.

The gist of the NPR report is that as long as Dave was mocking white people, he was funny. But now that he's allegedly mocking transgender folks, he's NOT funny.

Go to blazes, NPR. Isn't most US comedy based on the mocking of a person or group?

I only listen to you to find out the latest news from Satan's Kingdom. Please stop fueling the culture war. If it were up to me, I'd cut all your public funding.

By the way, I do think "The Closer" is funny. But then I've always had a warped sense of humor.

Update - 10/17/2021

Is this what the Netflix controversy is really about?

https://www.jpost.com/bds-threat/netflixs-palestinian-stories-includes-movies-by-bds-supporters-682264

Or is it because Dave Chappelle jokingly mentioned a movie called "Space Jews"? I think anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment