Saturday, December 3, 2016

Is Climate Change "Science" Actually A Religion ???

Here are the observations of a "climate change heretic":

I believe climate change is real and that human emissions of greenhouse gases risk justifying action, including a carbon tax. But my research led me to a conclusion that many climate campaigners find unacceptable: There is scant evidence to indicate that hurricanes, floods, tornadoes or drought have become more frequent or intense in the U.S. or globally. In fact we are in an era of good fortune when it comes to extreme weather. This is a topic I’ve studied and published on as much as anyone over two decades. My conclusion might be wrong, but I think I’ve earned the right to share this research without risk to my career.

Instead, my research was under constant attack for years by activists, journalists and politicians. In 2011 writers in the journal Foreign Policy signaled that some accused me of being a “climate-change denier.” I earned the title, the authors explained, by “questioning certain graphs presented in IPCC reports.” That an academic who raised questions about the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change in an area of his expertise was tarred as a denier reveals the groupthink at work.

You can read the rest @
http://www.wsj.com/articles/my-unhappy-life-as-a-climate-heretic-1480723518

Climate change and the link between vaccines and autism are two topics which kill the careers of anyone who swims against the stream. This behavior is more indicative of religious beliefs than it is of science.

No comments:

Post a Comment