Facebook said it has uncovered "sophisticated" efforts, possibly linked to Russia, to influence U.S. politics on its platforms.
The company said it removed 32 accounts from Facebook and Instagram because they were involved in "coordinated" political behavior and appeared to be fake. Nearly 300,000 people followed at least one of the accounts.
You can read the rest @
"Possibly linked to Russia"? Based on what evidence?
I have yet to see ANY political behavior in the US which is not fundamentally fake at some level:
- National party platforms mean nothing, containing mere platitudes designed to fool the muppets;
- Secret machinations (e.g., stealing the primaries from Bernie) overwhelm the intentions of We the People;
- Candidates forget all their promises once they are elected; and
- The deep state and the friends of Israel drive the US economy and ship of state no matter what the voters want.
Will everyone please STOP this nonsense and admit that our political process is totally screwed up? Nothing the clowns at Facebook can or will do is going to fix it.
But here are a few things which might:
- Get corporate money and the US oligarchs out of the process;
- Get the MSM out of the process (they are NOT a "free press");
- Get Hollywood out of the process;
- Get Israel out of the process (they have a FAR more disruptive influence on our elections than does Russia);
- Find some honest people to run the televised debates (should such people still exist); and
- Hold people and organizations accountable for their lies, fake birth certificates, manipulation, sabotage, and incitement to insurrection - before, during and after the elections.
Nothing less will do.