It has been nearly five years since two bombs exploded at the finish line of the Boston Marathon, and nearly three years since the conclusion of the trial of the sole surviving Tsarnaev brother, Dzhokhar. And yet, the government continues to maintain radio silence over many crucial questions related to the bombing.
Since the 2013 bombing, WhoWhatWhy has made dozens and dozens of records requests through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and other records request laws, from multiple government agencies, in an effort to fill in some of the many holes in the story that remain after a secretive federal investigation and trial. The results have been mixed, to say the least.
Most of the ongoing secrecy relates to the deceased mastermind and main bombing perpetrator: the older brother Tamerlan.
The lead prosecutor who secured the conviction against Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, William Weinreb, even admitted that “it is fair to say that there are still a number of questions unanswered about that case.”
And a surprising number of Boston’s local law enforcement question whether the FBI is coming clean about what it knows about the now-deceased Tsarnaev brother.
As we wrote back in July, some of these enduring questions are:
* How was Tamerlan able to travel back and forth to the country from which he sought asylum in 2012, despite being on multiple terror watchlists?
* Why was he not questioned about the 2011 murder of three of his friends?
* Was Tamerlan working for the US government in some capacity?
* Was the FBI or some other federal agency using Tamerlan’s desire to become a US citizen as leverage?
* Did the Tsarnaevs have help constructing the bombs?
* Was anyone else involved in planning or inspiring the plot?
Besides the big questions, our ongoing efforts to track down and verify even mundane details about the bombing reveal a flawed and seemingly arbitrary system for making government documents public.
You can read the rest @
There is a disturbing pattern here:
- OKC bombing - evidence hidden or destroyed by FBI and other government agencies
- 9/11 attacks - evidence hidden or destroyed by FBI and other government agencies
- Boston Marathon bombing - evidence hidden or destroyed by FBI and other government agencies
- Las Vegas shooting - more of the same?
Note well the FBI appears to excel at protecting the Clinton Crime Family, but does a piss poor job protecting We The People. Why is that?
By the way, how can we be certain the Tsarnaevs were responsible for the bombing in the first place, since the available video evidence appears to prove otherwise? You can read about it here: