Friday, December 22, 2017

Poor Jorge !!!

Jorge Ramos doesn't like it here:

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/latino/kathleen-krumhansl/2017/12/20/jorge-ramos-says-hes-now-having-worst-time-his-life-us

Dear Jorge - You can leave any time you want.

By the way, you are not the only one who is complaining:

We have been criticized because we live so many people in a house, but for us, it is the only way to survive. If I come here and I am working and I am making $300 or $400 a week, plus I have to send money back to Mexico, how am I supposed to survive? We have to be creating collective power so we can pay rent, bills ... plus, send money back. So, by working with them, I learned a little bit more about the way they have been treated over the centuries. I learned about mass incarceration and about all those issues that are happening in the United States.

That is when I learned it is not about papers, it is not about if you were born here or not. It is something bigger than that. Most of the people that are white, they have a lot of privilege, something that we don't have ... I am trying to work in ways to make them understand that if we work together, we can move from the bottom, everything is going to collapse. That is my idea of fighting all of that stuff. But it is going to take a lot of work. It is not an easy task. It is difficult.

You can read the rest @
http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/42982-working-from-the-bottom-we-can-make-everything-collapse-activists-demand-a-dream-act-in-dc

"Everything is going to collapse"? Now THERE'S a great strategy. How will you survive then?

Everyone who came to America had it rough. Stop your whining.

No comments:

Post a Comment