Men ages 21 to 30 years old worked 12 percent fewer hours in 2015 than they did in 2000, the economists found. Around 15 percent of young men worked zero weeks in 2015, a rate nearly double that of 2000.
Since 2004, young men have increasingly allocated more of their free time to playing video games and other computer-related activities, according to the study. Thirty-five percent of young men are living at home with their parents or a close relative, up 12 percent since 2000.
You can read the rest @
Some of you probably are asking "why aren't these lazy bastards working?" I don't think the answer has anything to do with their sense of "entitlement".
Some things I would like to know are these:
- What did young women do in the same time period?
- What are the ways US schools are treating girls differently than boys?
- What's the racial breakdown of these out-of-work men?
- How many were raised in fatherless families?
- How many live in cities vs. in the countryside?
- What motivates some people to seek work while others don't?