One of the many distortions and falsehoods he wrote is this:
" ... some have asked me about the similarities between our situations in 1972 and 2017.
"There are many. The biggest one is the importance of a free and independent media in defending our democracy."
Here are the similarities I see between then and now:
- Nixon was brought down by a silent coup (see Silent Coup: The Removal of a President by Len Colodny and Robert Gettlin for the ample evidence of this). Trump soon will be brought down by a similar, not so silent coup. Sure, legal reasons were and will be used, but both are coups nonetheless.
- We did not then, nor do we now, have a "free and independent media". The MSM were CIA tools then, and they're even more so now. There is ample evidence of this everywhere.
- The MSM was not then, nor are they now, "defending our democracy". They were and are serving as the propaganda arm of the military-industrial-banking-information complex. Our government was and is a mafiocracy, not a democracy, no matter which major political party is in power.
- The law enforcement and intelligence communities were used to destroy Nixon's presidency, and they're being used to do the same to Trump.
- The Watergate break-in was motivated by the desire to find evidence of a prostitution ring being run out of DNC HQ (see Silent Coup: The Removal of a President by Len Colodny and Robert Gettlin for the ample evidence of this), and the impending removal of Trump is motivated in part by PizzaGate and the alleged criminal sexual perversions of Bill and Hillary Clinton, among others.
- Woodward, Bernstein, and Redford told us a fairy tale about Watergate, and now Bob is trying to do the same with his interpretation of our current situation.
Bob, I know you're getting old and your mind may be slipping. But please cut the crap. This nation is rotten to the core, and both major political parties have played a role in getting us here. There are no saints in Congress, and it's been a LONG time since there were any saints in the White House. Getting rid of Trump will not change that.