Meanwhile, more than one trillion human beings live in extreme poverty:
- Nearly 1/2 of the world’s population - more than 3 billion people - live on less than $2.50 a day. More than 1.3 billion live in extreme poverty - less than $1.25 a day.
- 1 billion children worldwide are living in poverty. According to UNICEF, 22,000 children die each day due to poverty.
- 805 million people worldwide do not have enough food to eat. Food banks are especially important in providing food for people that can’t afford it themselves. Run a food drive outside your local grocery store so people in your community have enough to eat. Sign up for Supermarket Stakeout.
- More than 750 million people lack adequate access to clean drinking water. Diarrhea caused by inadequate drinking water, sanitation, and hand hygiene kills an estimated 842,000 people every year globally, or approximately 2,300 people per day.
- In 2011, 165 million children under the age 5 were stunted (reduced rate of growth and development) due to chronic malnutrition.
Source - https://www.dosomething.org/us/facts/11-facts-about-global-poverty
Bill's "solution"? Give them vaccines to reduce their fertility.
Jeff's "solution"? Build a supply chain to sell products on the moon.
What a pair of clowns.