Thursday, July 22, 2021

State Of The Nation

"A house divided against itself cannot stand. I believe this government cannot endure, permanently, half woke and half asleep. I do not expect the Union to be dissolved - I do not expect the house to fall - but I do expect it will cease to be divided. It will become all one thing or all the other."

apologies to Abraham Lincoln

John W. and Nisha Whitehead provide a comprehensive state of the nation here:

https://www.rutherford.org/publications_resources/john_whiteheads_commentary/the_state_of_our_nation_still_divided_enslaved_locked_down

Please take the time to read the entire thing, as it's a very honest, comprehensive look at what our country has become.

Some may think we're headed in the right direction. I'm not one of them. We're going to hell in a handbasket, and I see nothing on the horizon capable of changing that.

Unlike Lincoln, I think the best solution is for the Union to be dissolved. Any version in which all of us become all one thing or all the other, given what we know about the two options, would be an abomination.

And frankly, a "divided" America probably would be unable to continue its bullying and meddling in the affairs of the rest of the world, and I would consider that to be a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment