Thursday, October 11, 2018

Takeaways From Kanye's Visit To Oval Office

I watched some of the Kanye West press conference from the Oval Office, and here is what I gleaned from it:

(1) He mentioned "reparations" several times. Is that still an active issue?

(2) He mentioned that America needs jobs. I could not agree more. We need manufacturing jobs, not just consumption-related jobs.

(3) He talked a lot about the 13th Amendment, the one which DOES NOT outlaw slavery. The US prison system is a gigantic archipelago with slavery at its very heart. This entire mess needs to change.

(4) Jim Brown is really old. I guess I should have known that already.

(5) Kanye did ramble on, but to me he made a lot of sense. Of course, that's just me. I expect the MSM to diss both him and President Trump over this for the next several weeks (if not months).

(6) Will this impact the mid-term elections? It will if Kanye can rally "the deplorables" behind the Trump agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment