Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Will There Be A Constitutional Convention ???

According to some tallies, Michigan has just triggered a call for a federal Constitutional convention:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/02/rare-option-forcing-congress-to-meet-change-constitution-gains-momentum/

This could be either good or bad. Does anyone think that today's attendees to such a convention would possess even a fraction of the wisdom of the original Founding Fathers? I don't.

Consider the issues which seem to be important to most people today. There is not one of them which is as important as the rights of habeas corpus and due process ... but no one seems to care about the existing Bill of Rights any more. Each and every one of our rights has been eroded or destroyed with little or no public outcry.

I shudder to think what this country may become if a "new Constitution" is adopted.

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Pete Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment