Saturday, February 8, 2014

NBC's Disgraceful Olympic Narrative

I don't know about you, but I find the Olympic narrative presented by NBC to be disgraceful. They seem to be focusing on three things:
  • Russia is a totalitarian state;
  • Russians don't like gays; and
  • The fifth snowflake didn't open.

All their staff should read the Olympic values document:

http://www.olympic.org/Documents/Reports/EN/en_report_670.pdf

For today’s Olympic Movement, Olympism is constructed around three core values: excellence, friendship and respect.

Take your political commentary and stick it where the sun don't shine.

I'd like to watch the games. I'd like to hear what the Russians think about themselves and the rest of the world. I already know that the USA is the most intolerant and hateful nation in the world. I don't need to be reminded of this by NBC's commentators ... again and again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment