Friday, June 22, 2018

What The Bible Says About Aliens

I recently saw these Bible verses used on http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/ in an apparent attempt to diss President Trump's immigration policy:

When an alien resides with you in your land, you shall not oppress the alien. The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

Leviticus 19:33-34 NRSV

I would like to point out that the law being quoted here applied to those we now call Israelis, and they without question are NOT obeying it. Should you disagree with my claim, just ask the Palestinians.


I guess my point is this - if you believe what's in the Bible, you must believe ALL of it, especially if you are a Jew or a Christian. You can't just ignore the parts you don't like, as many of us (including the Israelis) seem to be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment