Here is some sage wisdom from Caitlin Johnstone:
1. It’s always ultimately about acquiring power.
2. Money rewards sociopathy.
3. Wealth kills empathy.
4. Money is power.
5. This same ruling class controls the media.
6. People are always manipulating each other.
7. Society is made of narrative.
8. The lines between nations are imaginary.
9. Powerful forces are naturally incentivized to collaborate with each other toward mutual interests.
10. There is an immense amount of wealth that can be grabbed in the chaos of war and conflict.
11. The neocons are always wrong.
12. The push towards truth always starts with yourself.
The only way to win this is to set your compass resolutely to “true.” Always be honest with yourself. Find all the different ways that you are manipulating others and see them and acknowledge them. Find your tribal allegiances and your desire to be right, and tip your hat to their existence. The more self-aware we are, the less levers we have to be manipulated by. If you are blindly partisan or loyal to a particular faction, that makes you gullible to propaganda because your wishful thinking and your desire to be right come into play. Get honest with yourself about who you are and what you want, and you will start to become an un-playable piece on the board.
If we can’t beat these bastards with truth, we don’t deserve to win.
You can read the rest @