Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Glad I Left Texas

I moved from Texas to Ohio last April to be closer to my extended family.

Now I'm really glad I left, because the government of Texas would rather save "the economy" than save its own citizens:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/akw87e/texas-lt-governor-thinks-old-people-are-happy-to-sacrifice-themselves-to-coronavirus-to-save-the-economy

I've had a good run, with some regrets, but overall I've been fortunate. When it's my time to go, I'll go.

But I'm NOT going to sacrifice myself for a bunch of morons who want to resurrect an economy which puts profits and corporations before human lives.

For an EXCELLENT discussion of just how screwed up governments in general are in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please read the following essay in its entirety:

https://www.theautomaticearth.com/2020/03/virustime/

I'm sure many of you will agree with me that our current governments and way of life need a COMPLETE OVERHAUL ... NOT a "resurrection".

No comments:

Post a Comment