Friday, March 11, 2016

Our Kids' Teachers Are Monsters

I invite you to take a look at this revealing report:

"Brian was a regular kid," longtime communications professional Kathy Parrent says, "a boy who liked to make everyone in our third grade classroom laugh. One day he said something smart-alecky, and our teacher grabbed him by the collar, lifted him up, opened up the coat closet, threw him in and locked the door. The rest of us sat in stunned horror, terrified. Brian immediately began banging and screaming, 'please, please, let me out,' but the teacher kept him in there for what felt like an eternity."

As Parrent speaks, her voice breaks and it is clear that Brian is still vivid in her mind's eye. "I remember that he was wearing a white shirt and when the teacher finally opened the door, he was covered in blood."

You can read the rest @
http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/35173-paddles-stun-guns-and-chemical-sprays-how-us-schools-discipline-students

When I was in the third grade, over 50 years ago, I was just like Brian - a "smart alec" (or worse). I am certain my teachers hated me too, but they never assaulted me or tossed me into a box.

Today's teachers appear to be little more than a police auxiliary who are encouraged to toss our children into the school-to-prison pipeline at the first sign of dissent or resistance from them.

What kind of a country has teachers like this? And what kind of graduates do they produce?

In fact, one might ask why they turn out graduates at all, since US tech companies get to bring in all the immigrant labor/talent they need, whenever they need it, keeping our tech graduates unemployed and in debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment