Friday, April 27, 2018

Emotional Support Animals ???

If you walked into the Grace Hopper College courtyard last year, you may have seen a cat on a leash. Last fall you might have seen a dog; this semester, there are two of them scurrying around Hopper.

These are emotional support animals. While Yale College does not allow students to live with pets on campus, University Policy 4400 allows students to live with emotional support animals, also called assistance animals, “on a case-by-case basis in a reasonable accommodation for a documented disability.”

You can read the rest @
https://yaledailynews.com/blog/2018/04/26/emotional-support-animals-proliferate-at-yale/

When I went to college, people got emotional support from other people. Now it appears that many students consider other students to be the enemy.

I'm approaching my twilight years, and frankly I'm glad I don't have to go through the BS found in today's schools, colleges, and universities (to say nothing about our "workplaces" - a.k.a. social justice factories). Today's social revolution is painful for everyone, and I have yet to see any positive outcome. Have you?

By the way, I do not consider a power grab to be a "positive outcome" ... especially when it is accompanied by a huge growth in the number of unemployed, poor, and homeless persons. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment