Saw this in The New York Times today:
American warplanes struck an Islamic State camp in Libya early Friday, targeting a senior Tunisian operative linked to two major terrorist attacks in Tunisia last year. The operative, Noureddine Chouchane, was most likely killed in the strike, according to the Pentagon.
The airstrikes, on a camp outside Sabratha, about 50 miles west of Tripoli, killed at least 30 Islamic State recruits at the site, many of whom were believed to be from Tunisia, according to a Western official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss military operations.
Here are a few questions:
1. What is the congressional authorization for this?
2. If this even was "ISIS", how is ISIS in Libya a threat to the US? Or did we do this to somehow "protect" the rapidly disintegrating EU, which is coming apart precisely because we are destroying the nations on its borders?
3. After WW2, we helped Europe rebuild with the Marshal Plan. Is there a plan for rebuilding Libya, or will it merely be looted and left in chaos?
4. What happened to Libya's gold? To Libya's water? To Libya's oil? Cui bono? What was Hillary's share of the spoils?
5. Why are such reports increasingly made "on the condition of anonymity to discuss military operations"? Are our illegal wars now to be conducted mostly in official secrecy, or was this an "official leak"?