Thursday, June 9, 2016

Let Them Raise Chickens

In the spirit of Marie Antoinette, here is the advice Bill Gates has for the poor people of the world:

If you were living on $2 a day, what would you do to improve your life?

That’s a real question for the nearly 1 billion people living in extreme poverty today. There’s no single right answer, of course, and poverty looks different in different places. But through my work with the foundation, I’ve met many people in poor countries who raise chickens, and I have learned a lot about the ins and outs of owning these birds. (As a city boy from Seattle, I had a lot to learn!) It’s pretty clear to me that just about anyone who’s living in extreme poverty is better off if they have chickens.

In fact, if I were in their shoes, that’s what I would do - I would raise chickens.

You can read the rest @
https://www.gatesnotes.com/Development/Why-I-Would-Raise-Chickens

Thank you, Bill !!!

By the way, Mr. Gates is said to have a net worth of $79 billion and is thought to earn an additional $20 million per day on interest alone.

What could he possibly know about being poor?

No comments:

Post a Comment