Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Murdered By Police In SC ???

Another unarmed Black man has been killed by police, this time in SC:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-04-08/caught-tape-south-carolina-cop-shoots-unarmed-man-8-times-back


I have lived, worked, and gone to college in SC. I am white.


The last time I visited, I happened to pass a Black man and his female companion on the sidewalk. He actually got off the sidewalk and gave me a wide berth as we passed. I felt quite embarassed for him.


In Aiken, SC (where Strom Thurmond used to live), there is a well-known border on the north side of town. Blacks stay north of the line, whites live south of it. As a newcomer, I made the innocent mistake of using a laundromat in the "Black" part of town. The other patrons gently informed me of my mistake and suggested that I not return.


At another laundromat in SC, I had a conversation with the Black manager about Minister Louis Farrakhan. The manager told me that I had better not say anything about Farrakhan to white people in SC, because they would have me killed. So I didn't.


When you read that some politician attended a conference, rally, or speech at Clemson University (which used to be a plantation worked by slaves), the event most likely took place at the Strom Thurmond Institute. I attended an event there once, and the ushers were all blond haired, blue eyed young white men dressed in black outfits that reminded me of the German SS. I almost expected them to burst out a rendition of "Tomorrow Belongs To Me":


https://youtu.be/FN7r0Rr1Qyc


I'm certain that not ALL people in SC are like what I have described, but I know from personal experience that at least when I was there some of them were.


And this is the state which Senator Lindsey Graham represents. Don't you forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment