Monday, February 16, 2015

Prayer In Schools

This popped up when I opened my browser this morning:


I did not "vote now", since I believe these "surveys" accomplish nothing of any value.

However, I do want to point out where I stand on the issue.


US Constitution, First Amendment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof ...

The people and the government of the United States are constantly violating this amendment.


What the wording conveys to me is that government CANNOT interfere in religion in any manner. If I want to pray in school, that's my right. If I want to proselytize in school, that's my right, too, since it is part of the free exercise of a religion which believes in doing so.


If my fellow students do not want to respect my rights, then I have no respect for their desire to be non-believers.


Non-belief is not a religion, so it is not protected by the First Amendment.

No comments:

Post a Comment