Saturday, November 14, 2015

Where Have All The Christians Gone ???

Jesus said that His followers would have a notable characteristic:

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
John 13:35 KJV

Do people in the United States have love one to another?

When Jesus was asked how many times we should forgive each other, He said this:

Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
Matthew 18:21-22 KJV

Are the US college students who regard every slight as a "microaggression" forgiving each other?

Jesus said to not retaliate against violence:

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
Matthew 5:38-39 KJV

And yet we lust for retribution both at home and abroad.

I don't know who was responsible for yesterday's attacks in Paris or the reason(s) for the attacks. But I do know that the retribution that many so-called Christians are now demanding will not end this violence.

And it definitely is NOT what Jesus wants us to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment