Wednesday, November 18, 2015

32,000 Children Die Every Day

A few years ago I was walking with my dog on one of the many forest trails in this area, when we crossed paths with a man I knew only by sight.  He was a distant neighbor.  Since we were going in the same direction we fell into step and engaged in small talk about the weather and recent news events.  When it became obvious we had somewhat similar views about the world I said I was upset that reliable sources estimate 32,000 children die every day in the world, from hunger and hunger-related diseases when there is enough food to feed them.  He replied, “Oh, I don’t want to think about that, it upsets me too much.”   I did not know what to say, so I said nothing.  About that time our paths diverged, he went one way; I went another, on my way home.  The man’s words disturbed me, but I did not know why.  By the time I got home, 15 minutes later, I knew why.

The Western World has an insatiable appetite for resources, income and wealth.  We are sucking all three from the Lesser Developed World where most of the 32,000 children die every day.  Thirty-two thousand children a day for one year is 11.68 million children a year.  That is more dead children than the combatant and non-combatant deaths per year during the Second World War.  We are now waging war on the children of the world.  Our political and economic leaders in the Western World value their positions of power and their wealth more than they value the lives of innocent, defenseless children.   To value political power and wealth more than the lives of innocent children are unmistakable signs of psychopathy.  Our leaders are psychopaths.  We elect psychopathic political leaders and tolerate psychopathic economic leaders.

You can read the rest @
http://dissidentvoice.org/2015/11/32000-children-die-every-day-in-the-world/

And from the looks of it, our next Congress and President also will be psychopaths.

No comments:

Post a Comment