Monday, February 17, 2020

#WalkAway

Here is what a former Democrat thinks about the current presidential race after attending a Trump rally:

I think the Democrats have an ass-kicking coming to them in November, and I think most of them will be utterly shocked when it happens, because they’re existing in an echo chamber that is not reflective of the broader reality. I hope it’s a wake-up call that causes them to take a long look in the mirror and really ask themselves how they got here. Maybe then they’ll start listening. I tend to doubt it, but I can hope.

You can read the rest @
https://gen.medium.com/ive-been-a-democrat-for-20-years-here-s-what-i-experienced-at-trump-s-rally-in-new-hampshire-c69ddaaf6d07

The part which most caught my attention is this:

I’ve seen almost every Democratic candidate in person and noticed that their messages were almost universally one of doom and gloom, not only focusing on the obvious disagreements with Donald Trump, but also making sure to emphasize that the country is a horribly racist place.

I've noticed that, too.

I'm a "doom-and-gloomer" myself, and have been for going on 40 years. But I DO NOT believe our country is a horribly racist place, and I DO NOT believe the Democrats offer anything which will actually benefit We the People. They just want more power for themselves, and driving a wedge between genders and races is one of their favorite tools in that regard.

No comments:

Post a Comment