Sunday, February 9, 2020

Thought For The Day - 2/10/2020

From James Corbett:

The state is not a benevolent force, as the most brainwashed of statists believe. It is not even a neutral tool that can be used for good or ill, as those who consider themselves pragmatists believe. It is violence. It is force. It is aggression. It is people believing that what is wrong for any individual to do is perfectly OK if an agent of the state does it.

If I steal, it is theft. If the state steals, it is taxation. If I kill, it is murder. If the state kills, it is warfare. If I force someone to work for me involuntarily, it is slavery. If the state does it, it is conscription. If I confine someone against their will, it is kidnapping. If the state does it, it is incarceration. Nothing has changed but the label.

You can read the rest @
https://steemit.com/news/@corbettreport/5-important-lessons-absolutely-no-one-will-learn-from-iowa

No comments:

Post a Comment