Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Who Has The Football ???

A reporter recently asked some US Air Force generals whether "Joe Biden" still could handle his responsibilities as Commander-in-Chief when it comes to the possible use of nuclear weapons. This is one of the responses he received:

"I have no concerns with the current Commander-in-Chief and his abilities to give me lawful orders if required."

Source - https://www.mtracey.net/p/top-us-military-officials-wont-say

Oh I'm sure the orders would be "lawful", but would they be SANE? I suspect not. Just because he CAN do it doesn't mean he SHOULD.

As I've written before, the command and control system is designed and built to ensure "lawful" orders are properly received and executed, but I don't recall there being any provision for second-guessing or hindering the underlying decisions:

https://sainthoward.blogspot.com/2024/07/about-it-outage.html

We never should have started the current game of nuclear chicken, but it sure would be nice if someone in a position to do so would stop it before it gets any worse. And the final chance to stop it is BEFORE those "lawful" orders are ever given.

No comments:

Post a Comment