Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Would You Fight For Ukraine ???

Here is an essay by a former US serviceman explaining why he would not fight for Ukraine:

https://original.antiwar.com/Brandan_Buck/2022/02/27/why-i-wont-fight/

My ancestors came from the central European region known as Ruthenia. Here is a map of its location:

My cultural heritage and traditions have a lot in common with those of Ukraine. And like so many peoples of the region, I understand and feel their pain.

But from my perspective, this mess is the fault of the United States. We have used NATO as an excuse to destroy other nations and to poke the Russian bear. Everyone could have had peace, but the US definition of peace is to have everyone kneel down to Uncle Sam.

Consider how things might have been different if the Clinton campaign hadn't falsely demonized Trump and Russia and if the FBI and other organs of government and the MSM had not shielded the Biden family from public disclosure of their Ukraine-related corruption. If we had lived up to our so-called ideals and brought our own criminals to justice, there would be no war today.

So, I'll continue to pay my taxes and wave my flag, but don't expect me to take up arms to protect Ukraine from the consequences of our own government's actions and omissions, especially when our government won't even protect its own citizens and borders.

No comments:

Post a Comment