Monday, July 19, 2021

Wireless In-Motion Charging For EVs ???

Here is one of the latest "green" schemes:

https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/indiana-build-wireless-motion-charging-electric-vehicles-highway

I am guessing the widespread adoption of such a system probably would cost more than the original interstate highway system (about $600 billion). And while those highways returned more than $6 in economic productivity for each $1 they cost, I question whether electric highways will be a net producer or just a waste of money. Only time will tell.

My biggest question, however, has to do with the safety of such a system. Aren't we subject to enough EM radiation as it is? I would imagine wireless charging on this scale would be MUCH stronger than cell phone radiation, for example. Can the cars be shielded to keep us safe? And would the feds even bother to run tests to prove safety before squandering our money on this newfangled gadget?

I don't want or need this. How about you? Is "new" always "better"?

Just call me a troglodyte.

No comments:

Post a Comment